Wednesday, November 2, 2011

USELESS

We all know people who have been called.....USELESS. Throughout the years, I have heard people say, "He is about as useless as they come", "She is as useless as the day is long", "They will never amount to anything" and "Why do you want to hang around with such useless people?" I will never forget hearing someone say, "He is just sucking up air that another good and decent human being should be breathing."

I feel quite sure that anyone reading these words can relate to what I just said ,in one way or another. Some of you might have said those same words. Some of you might have "been" the useless person being discussed. I am guilty of both. Who was I to pass judgement upon anyone? What gave me the right to ever call anyone 'useless' when I was perhaps the most useless one of all?

My life started out great. I was on the right track. After graduating from high school, I went on to college, got married, had two children and could have even had an excellent career. But.....I chose to lose my focus. I chose to become useless. I threw away my dreams and ambitions, going nowhere and doing nothing seemed more exciting. I would even proudly tell people that I had become a professional bum. My life became an endless party. If something wasn't 'fun', I didn't want any part of it. I perfected the art of being useless and didn't care who liked it or not. Details are not important, but I gave people plenty of reasons to call me useless. I left myself open for gossip. The bigger the sin, the better I liked it. If it was ugly, it was mine. I deserved every bit of criticism that was ever directed my way.

It wasn't until I became completely useless and realized that I was no good for myself or anyone else that I was shown my true value. The Lord heard my cries and revealed so much to me. I have learned that He loves the useless. God bathed me in His marvelous light and showed me the error of my ways. He covered me in His blood and my sins were forgiven. He has given me an understanding of His word and has found much use for me. Multitudes of angels watch over me today. The Lord allowed me to become 'useless' in order to reveal His purpose! His forgiveness, His grace, His mercy and His love have transformed me in every way. I feel compelled to tell everyone EXACTLY how much He has done for me. He wants to do it for us all! He did it for me.....He can and He WILL surely do it for you as well!

Luke 15:10 There is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner who repents

No comments:

Post a Comment