Thursday, April 14, 2011

MOTH BALLS

YESTERDAY MORNING AT THE CAMP, MY DAD WAS BUSY SPREADING MOTH BALLS HERE AND THERE AT THE CAMP.  HE THREW THEM AROUND THE EDGES OF THE POND, AROUND THE WOOD PILE, BY THE BOAT AND ALL AROUND THE STAIRS LEADING UP TO THE ACTUAL CAMP ITSELF.  OF COURSE I ASKED HIM WHAT IN THE WORLD ALL THOSE MOTH BALLS WERE ABOUT.  HE EXPLAINED TO ME THAT USUALLY A SNAKE WOULD NOT GO ANYWHERE NEAR A MOTH BALL OR THE SMELL OF A MOTH BALL.  

HEARING MY DADS EXPLANATION OF MOTH BALLS AND SNAKES TURNED INTO A SPIRITUAL LESSON FOR ME YESTERDAY MORNING.  I WAS REMINDED THAT MY BIBLE AND THE WORD OF GOD WERE SPIRITUAL BARRIERS TO THE INFLUENCES OF EVIL.  IN THE NATURAL, A MOTH BALL CAN GET RID OF A SNAKE.  IN THE SPIRITUAL, THE KNOWLEDGE OF HIS WORD AND A CHRISTIAN LIFESTYLE ACT IN THE SAME WAY. 

WE SAW SEVERAL SNAKES THIS WEEKEND, BUT NONE CAME CLOSE TO US.  I WONDER HOW MANY MORE WE ACTUALLY DID NOT SEE.  AGAIN, THE SAME PRINCIPAL CAN BE APPLIED SPIRITUALLY.  WE OFTEN RECOGNIZE SIN IN OUR LIVES DAILY AND CHOOSE NOT TO FOLLOW OUR HUMAN NATURE.  HOW OFTEN DOES GOD PREVENT EVEN MORE SIN AND SPIRITUAL DESTRUCTION TO COME OUR WAY? 

TODAY, I AM SO GRATEFUL FOR GOD'S PROTECTION.  I AM SO GRATEFUL THAT HE PATIENTLY WATCHED OVER ME THROUGHOUT SO MANY YEARS OF MY LIFE.  I SEE NOW THAT GOD ALWAYS HAD HIS EYES ON ME.  HIS ARMS OF COMPASSION HELD ME THROUGH IT ALL.  I DIDNT EVEN KNOW IT, BUT HE GUIDED ME THROUGH MY SELF DESTRUCTION.  I REALIZE ALL OF THESE THINGS TODAY.

NO MATTER WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH, THE SAME GOD WHO STOOD BY ME IS STANDING BY YOU AS WELL.  I THANK HIM DAILY FOR HIS FORGIVENESS, HIS GRACE, HIS MERCY AND HIS LOVE.  I THANK HIM FOR MY SPIRITUAL PROTECTION.  IT WORKS MUCH BETTER THAN MOTH BALLS. 

4 comments:

  1. I got a brief whiff of mothballs just now and was searching for their spirirual meaning when I found your blog. Made a lot of things clearer to me. Thx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH MY GOSH!!!
    I've been smelling motbballs in church and no one put them in there...

    Why am I selling them and church??!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear "Unkown," My Mom had a very Pungent smell of Mothballs all around her and ON HER at 3AM last night. She told me she started smelling it Outside first taking her Dog out to Potty, then it followed her INTO the house and would NOT get OFF of her body, bed sheets, hands, the smell was literally ON HER!!! It Followed her through the house. She was troubled by it. She prayed for it to leave in the name of "Jesus Christ of Nazereth, Be Gone." It took quite a while for it to leave her alone. I Distinctly Remember my Grandmother, who has passed some years ago, smelling her Mothballs all over her house. She would put Mothballs Everywhere.....I'll never forget that smell!! ICK!!! Anyway, just my personal opinion, but I really believe that my Grandmother, (my Dad's Mom,) was just following her around. She was a Nasty and Manipulative woman, My Grandmother....and was never nice to my Mom or me and my Sister.....Perhaps she is coming around to let Mom know that maybe she is Sorry and is just trying to Protect the family now instead of being such a Beaotch!! LOL!! Maybe YOU are having that same Experience??? Hope this helps some. I know that the smell of Mothballs are also used around the outside of houses to keep pesky rodents away....
    I'm thinking maybe you are being visited by a passed relative???
    Light and Love;
    Stefanie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yesterday on my way home in traffic I started smelling moth balls. They were very strong. I had my windows up and a/c on. The smell lingered around me for a few blocks. It was very unsettling. I have smelled other odors before but not moth balls!

    ReplyDelete