Friday, August 26, 2011

WHEN GOING THROUGH TOUGH TIMES, REMEMBER THIS...........

Do you ever get frustrated?  Do you ever feel like just giving up?  Have family problems gotten you down?  Are you facing upcoming court battles?  Is your failing health a constant concern?  Could it be that alcoholism, drug addiction or a gambling problem has caused you to feel hopeless?  Are you feeling smothered by your finances?  I could go on and on with questions like the ones I just asked.

We all experience stress and our emotions run wild.  A few of my friends are going through a particularly rough time here lately, people who are usually full of joy and happiness.  I woke up with this morning with a heaviness on my heart for these people who mean so much to me.  As usual, I checked my various daily inspirationals and one in particular caught my attention.  I took the liberty to copy and paste it here in my 'note' today.  This is what it stated:

...there will be times when you feel tossed by the tempests of your emotions.  When this happens, look for that still sacred space within you.  Take some time to rest in that space.  After a time, when you are ready, come out of that space to face the world again.

We can CHOOSE to get caught up in the cycle of devestating emotions.  We can ALLOW ourselves to be swamped by stress.  We can sit around and LET the devil be amused by our sufferings. 

.......OR......

We can remember that we ARE a CHILD OF GOD and that He is waiting to bring comfort to us in times of trouble.  He is our refuse and strength in times of trouble (Psalm 46:1).  He will never leave us nor forsake us (Hebrews 13:5).  When we go through deep waters, He is with us and when we go through the fires of this life, we wont even be scorched (Isaiah 43:2).  He promises us these things and so much more.  When the storms of life get us down, all we need do is turn to God and let His loving armshold us tight.  He wants us to turn to him, to tell him about our troubles and to listen for His still, small voice. 

We often put our children in time-out as a means of discipline.  As children of God, we also need times of emotional and spiritual time-out too.  He really does love us all so much!

Isaiah 41:10  Fear not, for I am with you; Be not dismayed, for I am your God.  I will strengthen you, yes, I will help you.  I will uphold you with My righteous hand.

No comments:

Post a Comment