Monday, October 17, 2011

SIMPLE TRUTHS

For the past two weeks, I have been away from home and have not been consistently writing my daily 'notes' here on FB.  I had plans on writing one today as an inspirational message for a friend of mine who had recently been involved in a terrible car accident.  Thoughts and words had formed in my mind, but all of a sudden, the entire direction of my 'note' changed completely.  Details are not important, but, I was sharply reminded that PEOPLE LIE....PEOPLE WILL TALK ABOUT YOU....BEWARE OF THE EMENY WHO CALLS HIM/HERSELF YOUR FRIEND!

In the past, I gave others plenty of reasons to dislike me.  I was never surprised to find that I was the topic of conversation.  In fact, I had come to expect it.  Sad, but true.....These days, its a different story.  I make it my business to give others a reason to like me, to be a positive influence and to be considered a true friend.  I was really surprised today when I discovered that someone, a supposed 'friend', had been talking about me in a horrible way, telling outright lies which stemmed from jealousy and envy.  Be careful who you trust......Not everyone who is a friend to your face will be the same friend when your back is turned.  These are simple truths that we all need to remember.

Our Bible has many scriptures which warn us about deceit at the hands of others.  Proverbs 6:16-19 specifically lists six things the Lord hates, Yes, seven are an abomination to Him:  a proud look, a lying tongue, hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that are swift in running to evil, a false witness who speaks lies, and one who sows discord among brethren.  James 4:11 says, "Do not speak evil of one another."  In Exodus 23:1, we are told, "You shall not circulate a false report."  Proverbs 10:18 tells us that "whoever spreads slander is a fool."  People really can be a wolf in sheeps clothing.  Not everyone is what they seem. 

It is never easy to accept harm inflicted from others.  It is difficult to turn the other cheek.  It is very hard for me to keep my mouth shut and to not try to retaliate.  The Bible tells us to pray for those who intentionally set out to hurt us.  That is what I am going to do today.  My prayers go out to this person and I ask that others join me in doing so.  God knows the name. 

Thank you!

Thanks for reading my 'note'
Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment