Thursday, October 6, 2011

WE ARE ALL GUILTY OF THIS

Most of my 'notes' are happy and encouraging.  I try to stay away from words of condemnation.  However, my writing for today has weighed heavily on my mind since yesterday afternoon.  A friend of mine said she is amazed by the fact that people will greet you, hug you, shake your hand, smile and even say I love you at church, but fail to even acknowledge your presence anywhere else in public.  Think about this for a minute......I feel sure you can identify with those words.  I find this very disturbing....I always have...I always will...These actions go completely against the Word of God! 

Many people turn away from churches due to this sort of behavior.  We should all be ashamed.  In one way or another, we are all guilty of this.  Speaking for myself, I have cut through a store more than once in order to avoid particular people, not because I was angry or upset, but simply as a means to avoid having to speak.  Isn't that horrible.  We shouldnt be this way.  According to one study I found, there are 59 "ONE ANOTHERS" found in the New Testament alone.  By 'one anothers', I am referring to commands regarding our treatment of one another, from the words of Jesus Christ....

In John 13:34, when we were told to love one another as He has loved us, I dont think it meant to love one another only inside of a building of worship.  I dont think Romans 12:10 meant for us to show brotherly love only on Sunday or Wednesday.  When we were told to greet one another with a holy kiss in Romans 16:16, were we told to pick and choose who, where, or when?  We also love to quote Philippians 2:2, "being of one mind and one accord."  In the Bible, when the believers got in one mind and in one accord, miraculous signs, sights and wonders took place.  We often grumble about the lack of blessings in our daily lives.......I wonder if this might be the cause???

Let's all remain mindful of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment