Wednesday, October 5, 2011

THERE IS NO SUCH THING

Did you grow up believing in fairy tales?  Have you searched for Snow White, Prince Charming or wished to be Cinderella?  Do you ever see others as having a perfect life and wonder why yours isn't?  Have you ever felt like you aren't 'good enough' or unworthy of love and respect?  Well guess what????  You are not the only one.  No matter who you are and no matter how you might live.....just know that you are not alone.

We are all imperfect people.  Some of our problems might be bigger than that of the next person, but regardless of all that..... NO HUMAN BEING IS PERFECT.....There is no such thing!

Speaking for myself, awhile back, I was having a really hard time dealing with some of my actions in the past, decisions I had made and the general idea that I would never be considered 'good enough'.  I have been blessed to have several people who have always believed in me, even when I was at my worst and lowest point.  One of these people in particular brought up a very important point and shared 1 Samuel 16:7 with me at a point when I needed to hear it the most.  This scripture reminds us that, "The Lord does not see as man sees, for man looks at outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."  This scripture has ever since been burned upon my heart and into my mind.  I think of it often and believe its words completely.  Thank you for pointing this out to me.....you know who you are!

Isn't it amazing to know that God loves us all anyway...no matter how imperfect we might happen to be!  He knows we are not perfect....He knows that we have and that we will sin.  We are not and we will not EVER find perfection...not in ourselves and not in others either!  Through Jesus Christ, we all have the ability to approach God for the redemption of our sins.  Our sins are not a reason for us to stay away from God.  In fact, our sins are a sign to us that we need to draw closer to Him.  In God's home, we are forgiven, we are accepted, we are loed!  Through the blood of Jesus Christ, our hearts, bodies and souls are washed clean......and for this, i am so very grateful this morning.

1 Samuel 16:7But the Lord said to Samuel, "Do not look at his appearance or at his pshsical stature, because I have refused him.  For the Lord does not see as man sees; for man looks at the outard appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment