Wednesday, October 26, 2011

WONDERFULLY MADE

A banana will never look like or taste like a strawberry. The North Pole doesn't have nor will it ever have the same climate as Florida. A sofa will never become a stove. A pond will never become an ocean. My foot will never accomplish the same function as my heart. My brown eyes will never become blue. The list goes on and on. I am sure you get the picture. I am who I am. You are who you are. Each one of us is different and we will never be the same. Imagine how boring life would be if we were all copies of one another?


There have been times in my life when I was very insecure. I thought that everyone else had more important things to say, better ways of doing it and greater outcomes from their efforts. These thoughts led me to doubt my own self worth, caused me to feel inadequate and left me uncertain as to my own abilities. I see today that I was battling my own insecurities. Insecurity is horrible. It leads to jealousy, selfishness, competitiveness and overcompensation. Insecurity does serious damage. It robs our soul. destroys relationships and steals our joy.


Assuredness, self love and confidence, on the other hand, adds to our lives and builds strong foundations for ALL of our relationships. Security comes from within. We must never compare ourselves to others. Psalm 139:14 tells us this by stating, 'you are fearfully and wondefully made.' We are all unique. We must all take time to reflect upon our very own God given abilities and strengths. We must be open to the leading and the direction of God in our lives, even if it sometimes means to be still and silent. We must do this in order to receive the full amount of blessings that the Lord wishes to rain down upon us.


Lord, let me take time out of my life today in order that I might receive ALL that you have for me. Let me not be insecure, let me not compare myself to others. Let me realize that I AM WONDERFULLY MADE and that there is NO ONE ELSE QUITE LIKE ME. Thank you Jesus for your love. Thank you for making us all unique. Let me grow in the confidence that I can receive only from YOU!


Romans 12:6 Having then gifts differing according to the grace that is given to us, let us use them

No comments:

Post a Comment