Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A MIRACLE IN MY FAMILY

Two days ago, I wrote a 'note' which was of a somewhat personal nature.  Well, today, it looks like I will be writing another one of the same sort.  This one hits even closer to home and I write it with joy, happiness, relief and emormous thanksgiving to God.  I love to write these daily 'notes', especially the one I am about to write today. 

I come from a very close, tight knit family.  We have all had our share of ups and downs, some quite recent, but when it all boils down, we love one another tremendously.  Today, I wanna tell you about one of my uncles, but Lord, where do I start......

Uncle Ben was 16 years old when I was born and he, like my other 3 uncles, has always played an important role in my life.  Well, nearly two years ago, my uncle was diagnosed with leukemia.  To say it was devestating news doesn't even begin to tell you how it affected all of us.  Uncle Ben went through all of the traditional rounds of treatment which were deemed necessary in attempt to cure this illness.  He went through chemotherapy and radiation and finally had to resort to a bone marrow transplant at MD Anderson in Houston, Texas.  He and his wife agreed to remain in a sterile environment 24 hours a day for the duration of this treatment.  They were told this could possibly last as long as 3 months. 

From the get go, we have prayed diligently for his recovery.  We have asked several pastors and churches to be in agreement with us for his victory over this illness.  We have encouraged him in every way possible and we have believed in the power of prayer!!! 

Well, my dad received a phone call from my Uncle Ben yesterday evening.  He told my dad that he had seen the doctor yesterday and that the doctor told him, "Ben, we need to talk."  He said, the doctor went on to say, "It seems to me that the donors cells have overtaken your own and that ALL of your cancerous cells have been destroyed!  You body no longer show any signs of leukemia!" 

HOW'S THAT FOR A PRAISE REPORT????????????

People, we serve an awesome God....a mighty God...a God who cures all sickness and disease....He is our strong tower....our deliverer....our Great Physician....our safety...our Creator of ALL THAT IS GOOD!!!!  How can someone NOT believe?  Prayer works....our faith is rewarded...God knows our hearts and has plans to help, not harm each and every one of us!  All we gotta do is BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE.  I am eternally grateful for the miracle that God so graciously performed for my family.  His power is amazing.  His love is unending.  He is the GREAT I AM....THE BEGINNING AND THE END....THE GOD OF CREATION....

And I am eternally grateful this morning!

Mark 11:24  "Therefore, I say to you, whatever things you ask when you pray, believe that you will receive them, and you will have them."

Exodus 15:26......For I am the Lord who heals you

Thanks for reading my "note"
Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment