Thursday, August 25, 2011

HAVE YOU EVER NOTICED THAT WHEN THINGS ARE GOING GREAT....

I guess this is my week to write 'notes' of a highly personal nature.  I started writing these daily 'notes' in early February and I cant recall anytime since then that I have written so many consecutive 'notes' which mean so much to me.  And today is no exception.  Bear with me.  Keep me in your prayers. 

Have you ever noticed that when things are going great, something comes along and threatens to steal your happiness, kill your joy and destroy all that you have worked so hard to accomplish?  Well, if you havent noticed any of these things, I can promise you that you will.  I say this from recent experience.  Everything had been going great.  Everything was fine.  I had been going about my daily business, going to church, giving praises to God and loving my life in general.  I cannot blame anything on anyone except myself, but the devil caught me slippin and had a nasty little laugh at my expense.

Notice, I used the words........HE HAD A LITTLE LAUGH AT MY EXPENSE....................

People, I am not giving the devil even the least bit of glory, but his JOB is to kill, steal and destroy. (John 10:10)  He knows our weaknesses.  He attacks us at our weakest point.  He uses our weaknesses against us.  The devil tries to steal anything and everything that is good in our lives, anything that leads us to Jesus.  He wants us to feel worthless and undeserving of any and all kinds of love and respect.  We were all born with a sinful nature.  We have all sinned and fall short of the glory of God. (Romans 3:23)  There is not one of us alive who can say we do not sin.  1 John 1:8 makes this point very clear when it states, 'if we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.'

Yes, we all sin.  Yes, we all let God down.  But here is the good part......................

We serve a God who is tremendous, all-knowing and everloving.  He knows we will sin.  He knows we will fall short.  But, he loves us anyway, no matter what.  He recognizes our godly sorrow and is quick to forgive a penitent heart.  He throws our failures, sins and shortcomings into the bottomless sea of forgiveness.  God abundantly replaces everything that the devil TRIES to steal through His forgivesness, His grace, His mercy and His love.  God truly loves us all and is more than willing to forgive. 

Please remember this 'note' the next time the devil tries to make you feel unworthy or when your past comes back to haunt you.  Recognize the tricks of the devil for what they are, his tactic in an ongoing spiritual warfare.  Remember, God is on our side!  Through Him, all things are possible!


No comments:

Post a Comment