Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Something Big Is About To Happen

For those of you who dont already know, I live in Louisiana.  The possibility of an earthquake or a blizzard is practically nonexistent in our area.  We do however, remain on guard to the threat of a hurricane during the latter part of each summer.  When the threat of a hurricane becomes a reality, each one receives a name.  I feel sure that everyone who might be reading this can recall Hurricane Katrina.  Yes, it was massive.  Yes, it was destructive.  Yes, it caused much tragedy and sorrow.  Many people were caught off guard as to the severity of the storm and its potential for destruction. 

I live in the central part of the state.  Through news coverage, no one had to tell me to stay away from New orleans.  No one had to stop me from heading south as Hurricane Katrina approached the coast of Louisiana.  I knew something big was about to happen.  Everyone else did too!!!!

We heard what was coming.  We knew the consequences.  We had expectations of a reality.......all because someone told us! 

Well........................

For so long, people told me that a better way of life did in fact exist.  I was told that I didnt have to be miserable, that happiness was meant for everyone, including myself.  I was told that there was more to life than drinking, drugs and a constant party.  People who honestly love me just could not understand how or why I refused to believe their words.  The writing was on the wall, right there in black and white for me and everyone else to see.  Still, I refused to listen or even consider taking anyones advise.  I even had the nerve to think everyone else was wierd...that they had the problem, not me!  I just had to laugh as I typed out those words....I know now that I was the one with the problem.  I was the one who had it all wrong.

These days, I wake up to joy, happiness and excitement.  My life is nothing like it was in the past.  Looking back, I sometimes dont even recognize the person I had become.  The Lord has been so good to me.  I just cant help but try to spread His word to others.  There is joy to living.  Happiness is for everyone.  Matthew 19:26 has become one of my favorite scriptures.  It tells us to BELIEVE AND ALL THINGS BECOME POSSIBLE!  Allowing Jesus into my heart and into my life was undoubtedly the best decision I have ever made.  God loves me for ME.  He has plans to help me, not harm.  Through Him, my future is glorious!  I go to bed at night with such peace and I wake up in the morning with a feeling of excitement and purpose.  I just know something BIG is about to happen......and I cant hardly wait! 

No one has to live a life of misery.  God didnt intend for it to be that way.  Trust in the Lord and lean not toward your own understanding.  He has great and mighty plans for your life.  He gave me strength through his forgiveness, his grace, his mercy and his love. 

If he did it for me, He can and He will do it for you as well!

1 Corinthians 2:9  "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, nor have entered into the heart of man the things which God has prepared for those who love Him"

No comments:

Post a Comment