Wednesday, August 31, 2011

A CHALLENGE TO YOU TODAY

Once again, no matter who you are, no matter where you live, I feel quite sure that you will be able to identify, in one way or another with the words I type today.  You all know a 'loser'.  You all know a 'liar'.  You all know a 'thief', a 'drug addict', a 'jailbird', a 'common criminal', a person who 'threw it all away',  a guy 'who never stood a chance'  and a woman who 'will never change.'  If you think about it long enough, I also feel quite sure that a face will come to mind when you think of each "type' of person I just mentioned.

  I would like to issue a challenge to anyone reading my words this morning.  As a face comes to mind for each type of person I mentioned, please PRAY for that person today.  I mean, really PRAY......By doing this, you will be doing the will of God, you will be obedient to the commands of Jesus, you will be walking in an act of true and perfect brotherly love.......And thats what it is all about!!!!!

If you dont already know, I was one of those people.  In fact, I was several of them......The only thing that stopped my from being ALL of them was the fact that I was born a female and the fact that my parents did the best they could to raise me!  I am here today to tell you that there is ALWAYS a chance! 

I thank GOD today that I had people in my life who never gave up on me.  I thank GOD for hearing and honoring the prayers that were sent up.  I thank GOD for opening my eyes and allowing me to see that there was more to life than what I chose to settle for.  I thank GOD for His forgiveness, His grace, His mercy and His love.  Without ANY and ALL of this, who knows where I would be today........

I cant help but tell others about the saving grace of Jesus.  I feel compelled to encourage others who may have been a wretch like me!  There is a better way, no matter how bad a situation might seen.  Please join me in prayer today.  In the Book of Acts, Paul was struck down on the road to Damascus and SCALES were removed from his eyes.  In our lives today, the same kind of people still exist.  They are the people who are hurting, the ones who are lost, the ones who just need someone to care and to honestly pray for them.  Lets join together in prayer that God removes the scales from many eyes today! 

God is no respector of persons, if it worked for me, it can and it will surely work for countless others as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment