Tuesday, August 23, 2011

HE SPEAKS TO US THROUGH SO MANY WAYS

As most of you know, I live in Louisiana.  Yes, life is somewhat different here than it is anywhere else.  Our food is awesome, our people are very friendly and alot of us talk with a noticable accent.  For the past year or so, some of you reading this might have seen or heard about Swamp People, a weekly television program which plays on The History Channel.  To most people, this program might seem somewhat ridiculous, due to the way it portrays the people of Louisiana, but I personally love to watch it.  In fact, I record each episode on my DVR.  I am a huge fan of Troy Landry.

I was watching a video yesterday in which Troy was speaking about cypress trees.  Through this short, two minute video, I learned several things.  Cypress trees are plentiful here in Louisiana and grow directly in water.  The roots of a cypress tree grow as deep as the tree is tall, meaning that a forty foot cypress tree has a forty foot root!  We never hear of a cypress tree being uprooted, I now see why!  Cypress trees are tremendously strong, live for many, many years and are not even effected by the strongest of hurricanes! 

That short video lasted only two minutes, but I am still thinking about it today.  In my daily life and in my walk with God, it is my goal to become like one of those trees.  I know that my roots are still tender and somewhat new, but I pray that they strengthen and grow larger on a daily basis.  Through the reading of His word, through prayer and through fasting, my roots in the Lord have no choice but to become immense like that of a cypress tree.  In Ephesians 3:17, we are told 'that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith and that we may be rooted and grounded in love.'

I am so grateful to have the love of God present in my everyday life.  I thank Him for his care and protection and for putting an end to the shifting winds of life without Him.  It is my prayer today that my roots continue to grow and that it becomes impossible for my life to be uprooted. 

He really does love us all so very much!

Thank you God for using a video of Troy Landry to minister to my soul!!!  He truly does speak to us through so many ways.  If only we will listen........................

Jeremiah 17:8  For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, which spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes.  But its leaf will be green, and will not be anxious in the year of drought, nor will it cease from bearing fruit

Thanks for reading my "note"
Love,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment