Sunday, August 14, 2011

Gina's Rainbow

How often do you pray for something and sit back and wonder if God even heard your prayer?  We all know that prayers are heard and will eventually get answered by our loving God.  We also know God answers our prayers according to His own timeline and as He sees fit.  Some of my prayers have been answered with a quickness, while others have been awaiting His response for quite some time now.  Surely, we can all identify.

Each "note" that I write is important to me, but the one I am about to write holds extra special meaning.   My daughter, Gina, and I went to the camp with my mom and dad this past weekend and we really enjoyed ourselves.  The four of us went fishing in my dad's boat yesterday evening.  Not long after we had started fishing, the sky really clouded up and it started to rain.  We pulled up to the bank of the river and all got out of the boat because of the lightning.  Once the worst part of the rainstorm was over, we got back into the boat and something amazing happened. 

Gina is 15 years old.  She has often been told to pray to God for all things.  We have always told her that no prayer goes unheard and that God is in the prayer answering business.  Well, yesterday evening, as we got back into the boat, the rain was still coming down.  Out of the blue, Gina said, "Lord, would you please make this rain stop?"  As soon as she got those words out of her mouth, the raindrops became smaller, the sun began to shine through the clouds, and it stopped raining completely!!!!  You should have seen the look on her face!  She was in shock! 

Gina was amazed at how quickly God answered her prayer.  You should have seen the look on  her face.  She really couldnt believe what had just happened.  I blew her mind even more when I told her to look up into the sky.  Right after the rain stopped, a beautiful rainbow appeared before our eyes.  The end of the rainbow appeared to be right near the tree under which we had sat in order to not get rained on during the storm.  As if the quick answer to Gina's prayer and the beautiful rainbow was not enough, a double rainbow even appeared!  This blew all of our minds!  We were all amazed by this show of glory!!!

Gina is now a firm believer in the power of prayer!  I really wish that I could share the actual experience with everyone!  Words really dont do justice to what we saw yesterday evening.  It was as though God gave us a sneak preview of His power and glory.  He let us know fast, quick and in a hurry just exactly who He is and what he is capable of doing.  Believe me when I say, it was an afternoon that none of us will ever forget!

Matthew 7:7  "Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock and it will be opened to you"

Genesis 9:16  "The rainbow shall be in the cloud, and I will look on it to remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is on the earth"

No comments:

Post a Comment