Sunday, August 28, 2011

LORD, LET ME BE CONTENT

My family and I went to the camp this weekend, and of course we brought our three year old Pomeranian named Diva with us.  Her name fits her perfectly, we have really spoiled her ever since the day we got her when she was six weeks old.  Well, this morning, the Lord used Diva to deliver a message to me.  He really speaks to us in so many ways, if only we listen........

On a typical morning, my mom cooks breakfast for my dad.  She always cooks an extra slice of bacon for Diva.  Diva has come to expect it and waits for her bacon every morning.  Well, my mom didnt cook a big breakfast this morning and she tried to break up a slice of ham to feed Diva instead.   Diva wasnt having it.  She would sniff at the ham, walk away, look around and would go back to it and sniff again.....repeatedly.  My mom had to end up throwing it away.  As I sat there and watched this happen, I knew what I would write about once I came home today.

So often, we become spoiled to certain things in life and demand only the best or constantly want more, more, more.  We fail to realize how fortunate we are due to our own selfish behavior.  For many years, I was never satisfied by anything.  I always looked for whatever I considered to be better.  If I had something, even if it was something I didnt need, I wanted more!  I wanted to go, go, go, do, do, do and receive, receive, receive.  I honestly didnt care about what the next person wanted or needed, I was on a mission of self gratification.  It wasnt until my selfish behavior caused me to end up alone and with nothing that I realized what truly mattered in life!

I know that I constantly write about the forgiveness, the grace, the mercy and the love of God, but if it wasnt for all of these things, I have no idea where I would be today.  It is only through the compassion of God that I am able to share these words.  These days, I am learning how to be content with what I do have (Philippians 4:11).  I have learned to appreciate everything that the Lord so graciously given to me.   When I stop and look around at others, it doesnt take long for me to realize the great extent of my blessings! 

Lord, let me be content, no matter what might happen to me on this day.  Let me share your love with others, with no great expectations of personal gain.  I thank you for everything you have given me and I appreciate the promises of your Word!  And Lord, thank you for using Diva as a means of speaking to me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment