Thursday, September 1, 2011

BE QUICK TO SAY I LOVE YOU

As we go about our daily lives, nothing is certain.  At any given time, life as we know it is subject to change.  What is routine and ordinary one moment can become both horrific and destructive the next.  I write this with a heavy heart this morning.  My thoughts and my prayers are going out to a family here in town whose lives changed forever yesterday evening.  My words arent coming out very easily, but my prayers for this family surely are.  Its hard for me to even imagine what these people are going through. Sudden and unexpected tragedy has never actually knocked upon my door in such a manner.  However, the point I am about to make is one that we all need to remember and practice at any and all times. 

Each day is a gift.  Every moment should be treasured.  No one is promised tomorrow and our next breath is not guaranteed.  We all need to love while we can, treasure the people in our lives and make sure they know how very much they are appreciated.  Life is too short.  We never know when someone might become a memory.

Be quick to say I LOVE YOU....take time to laugh and smile....forgive and move forward....encourage each other in every possible way.  Let those close to you know that you love them, let there be no doubt in their minds.  Dont end up full of regret. 

I made my point, said what I needed to say.  Yes, this 'note' has personal meaning to me.  I hope that a certain someone reads these words...................

Life is too short.....

James 4:14  Whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow.  For what is your life?  It is even a vapor that appears for a little time and then vanishes away

No comments:

Post a Comment