Friday, September 2, 2011

ENJOYING THE BREEZE

I was finally able to sit outside and enjoy a beautiful morning.  It has been a terribly hot summer here in Louisiana and the act of sitting outside has been unthinkable for the past few months.  This morning has been a totally different story.  The sun is shining and a cool, gentle breeze is continuously blowing.  It was such a blessing just to sit there and feel the breeze.  It is that breeze which has put a message in my heart this morning. 

Before I honestly came to know Jesus,  my life resembled  a closed up room.  A room which had accumulated thick dust, a distinctive scent and a dry, dark, heavy feeling of oppression.  Nothing moved and nothing changed.  Day in, day out.......One day was just like all of the rest.  I had become quite content to sit in filth.  I thought it was normal.  None of my friends has a problem with it.....and neither did I!

One day, the door to my filthy room was thrown open.  You could say I was blinded by the light!  I was forced to acknowledge the thick particles of dust which really did linger in the air.  This sudden beam of light was torture to my eyes, but I couldnt help but to step out of that room and actually experience a decent breath of fresh air.  I was amazed at how good it felt to feel the sunlight on my face and to feel the breeze which touched my skin!  Needless to say, I realized once and for all that I had enough of that oppressive, depressive and stifling room.

And here I sit today.....I love my God!  I am so grateful for the way He speaks to my soul.  I encourage anyone reading this to step out into the sunlight.....to feel His breeze.....to enjoy the freshness that only comes to us through knowing Him as the Lord and Savior of your life!

John 3:8  The wind blows where it wishes, and you will hear the sound of it, but cannot tell where it comes from or where it goes.  So is every one who is born of the spirit

No comments:

Post a Comment