Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SHE KNEW WHAT SHE HAD TO DO

Are you one of those tremendously blessed people who have no problems, no worries, no concerns, no health problems, no current heartbreak and no stress?  I didnt think so.  Guess what, I am not either and that gives us all something in common.  No one is problem free, stressless or immune to the struggles of everyday life.  We all face issues and we all fight battles of some sort, be it financial, physical, relationships, addictions or just plain old discouragement.  Things change in our daily lives at the drop of a hat. It is what we CHOOSE to do in our times of trouble that makes all the difference. 

If you know anything about me, you know I LOVE the people of the Bible.  Today, I wanna write a little bit about the woman with the issue of blood.  Her story is found in Mark 5:24-35.  This woman had problems!  She faced an ongoing obstacle not for a few days, not for a month, but for 12 YEARS!  She knew about worries, health problems, heartbreak and stress.  This woman tried everything she knew to do in order to find relief from her torment.  Instead of getting better, her problems only worsened.  She expended all of her resources to no avail. 

But................

She knew what she had to do.  She made it her business to reach out to the one and only cure for her problems.  I am a very imaginative person and in my mind, I can see her making her way through the crowd in order to get to Jesus.  I can also imagine the desperation she felt.  Through her tremendous faith, she reached out and touched the very hem of His garment.....She knew that would be her cure!  She knew what she had to do!  Imagine her surpise and her fear when Jesus acknowledged the fact of her touch....Imagine her relief when He proclaimed that through her faith, she had been HEALED!!!!

People, thats what we all need to do.  We must exercise our faith!  When all else fails, GIVE IT TO JESUS!  Turn to God!  He performed miracles back in the day.....just as He is doing now!  I am a living, breathing example of His miraculous glory!  Nothing is too big for our God to handle.  I could go on and on and on about my Jesus and the wonders of faith.  Remember......ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE TO HIM WHO BELIEVES!

No comments:

Post a Comment