Wednesday, September 28, 2011

WANNA LAUGH?

WANNA LAUGH?

by Michelle Miller on Wednesday, September 28, 2011 at 11:50am
Does your best friend make you laugh?  Do your favorite memories consist of much happiness and joy?  Do you find yourself smiling alot when you see particular things or spend time with certain people.  I dont know about you, but I sure do.  I love to laugh....I love to joke around.....I love to have fun.  For the past couple of days, the 'notes' I have writtin have been of a somewhat serious nature.....but not today.  Today, I wanna talk about laughter....happiness and joy...I have even included a photo, a cartoon, which inspired these words.  I thought it was really funny and it seems as though others do too.  I hope it makes you laugh as well.

So often, we allow the seriousness of life to bring us down.  We get stressed out, keyed up and angry.  We get into arguments and bring misery to others.  However, it is just as easy to lighten up, have fun and laugh under most circumstances.  We have all heard that laughter is the best medicine and I truly think it is.  Laughter adds joy to our lives, eases anxieties and fears and attracts others to us.  Life is full of funny situations.  It is up to us to find our laughter.

There are 42 references to laughter in the Bible.  Proverbs 14:30 tells us that a relaxed attitude lenghtens a man's life.  A relaxed attitude sure sounds like it would include laughter to me.  Esslesiastes 3:4 specifically tells us that there is a time to laugh.  Srah laughed (Genesis 18:12).  I have read of God's people laughing when they were led out of captivity.  I also feel sure that David laughed quite often as he danced before God. 

I wanna thank God for giving me the ability to laugh.  It brightens up my day and causes my heart to smile as well.  Lord, let me be quick to smile and laugh today.  Let me encourage others to do the same. 


No comments:

Post a Comment