Tuesday, September 13, 2011

ALYSSA BROOKE

My friend, Kelli, had to be somewhere this morning so I offered to keep her 11 month old baby, Alyssa, here with me.  Alyssa is a beautiful baby girl.  Gina and I love to spend time with her.  Alyssa has been having a cold, so before Kelli left, she told me how much and which medicines to give to her.  Once Kelli left, I gave her the medicine and her bottle and I rocked her in the recliner until she went to sleep.  Kelli wasnt gone very long and she had to wake Alyssa up so that they could leave. 

As soon as Alyssa and I got settled into the recliner, I knew what I was gonna write about today.  God is truly awesome and I love the way He speaks to my soul.  Alyssa was such a happy baby this morning, smiling right up until she fell asleep.  I could tell she felt safe, that she felt secure, and that she knew her needs had been met.  As I watched her fall asleep, it was obvious that she didnt have a care in the world.  She didnt need or want for a single thing.  She slept what appears to have been the most peaceful, innocent sleep.

Our Bible tells us that in order to be considered worthy of His kingdom, we must first humble ourselves as a little child.  I learned so much from Alyssa this morning.  In the eyes of God, we must all go to Him in such a way as she came to me.  We must believe that He will meet our needs, have faith that we are secure, know that we are loved.  We must tell Him our troubles, let Him fight our battles and then rest in the knowledge that He is in control.  We are all His children.  Lets see Him as the loving Father that He is! 

Let's get lost in scripture.  Let's dig into His Word.  Let's remind ourselves of WHY Jesus was sent here to earth.  Let's all make it a point to go to Him as little children!  He loves us all so very much!

Thanks Alyssa!  God used you this morning........

Matthew 18:4  "Whoever humbles himself as this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven'

No comments:

Post a Comment